Saturday, January 9, 2010

Anticipation

So these past few month have been crazy! Full of Family and Food! Food the key word! I have been so hungry not physically but more spiritually, Hungry for the "Bread of Life" Jesus calls himself this. So lets start eating shall we! The past few Sunday's I have been challenged with the question "Do I wait well?" and of course the answer to that would be no! The more life goes on the more I am anticipating that next step in life. Like if you are single, you can not wait to be engaged then once, engaged waiting to be married then once married waiting to start a family a whole nine months, can't wait for the child to come out, once the child is out anticipating the first smile, words, sentence, steps, starting school, grade school, junior high, high school, graduation, college, graduation from college, and so on. So if I do not wait well than ask the question", How can I wait well?"What can I learn from all of this?" "What does the word, and the bread of life have to say?"


A few weeks ago pastor Tim asked these very questions, questions I was suppose to hear and ponder. He used the example of Mary and Joesph and if you actually read the story in Luke 1:26-38 and Matthew 2:13-15, 19-23. The bible does not talk much about Joesph, but there is something to learn about Joesph and his example. The really awesome thing that God does just blows my mind. And angel appeared to Mary first and then to Joesph in a dream. Joesph woke up and did what he was told. Than after Christ birth and angel appears again and tells him to get up and go to Egypt. So he got up and did what he was told. Then again after the death of Herod and angel appears to him again to get up and go to Israel. So he got up and did what he was told. Then when he got there he was warned again, and went to Galilee settling in Nazareth. "So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets".So every moment Joesph heard Gods voice he acted immediately and did it with out hesitation, and that is all we hear about Joesph. He obviously listened to God and remained obedient. Here is something I can learn from Joesph is LISTEN TO GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment