Thursday, June 4, 2009

A life worth living for!

In my profession I have seen many people pass away! From what I have been taught that in last days as your body starts to shut down. There is a since of self evaluation that takes place. Questions arise like: What was my legacy? Have I done what has been asked of me? What have I accomplished, and will those I am leaving behind be alright? Am I right with God? Fear of the unknown takes it toll on a body already withering away to hopefully a better place. I have seen people pass away with a whole room full of loved ones, but I have also seen people pass away who have no one and no family. I think those are the ones that hurt the most. I recently read in Romans that "God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and He hardens whom He wants to harden." Like He did for Pharaoh, so that "God might display His power in you and that God's name might be proclaimed in all the earth." Then it goes on and say, "who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?" I really struggled with the fact that God hardens whom He wants to harden. I can only hope and plead and pray that in those last days that God decided to show His mercy on the those who had no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment